Senior Systems Engineer
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Senior Systems Engineer
We are looking for a senior level Systems Engineer with superb knowledge of Windows, VMware and AWS, and extensive experience in building and maintaining mission critical IT infrastructure to join our team. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. Information technology is a vital and integral part of our success. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about building and operating scalable and reliable IT infrastructure and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Design, build, maintain and monitor mission critical enterprise infrastructure systems and services.
- Automate deployment and monitoring of physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Manage Active Directory environment and design and implement Group Policies.
- Maintain a secure and stable IT environment; Manage patches and upgrades of systems and software.
- Provide server-side support for world-wide locations and in the cloud.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of system design, implementation and configuration
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience with managing Windows servers, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP in a production environment.
- Extensive experience with system architecture and building production environments on AWS.
- Experience with VMware design and administration.
- Experience with Windows filers and solid understanding of SMB and NTFS.
- Familiar with enterprise infrastructure alerting and monitoring.
- Experience with patching management software and best practices.
- Familiar with SAML Single Sign-On standard and IDaaS infrastructure such as Okta.
- Experience with enterprise backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Strong understanding of encryption and data security.
- Solid knowledge of networking protocols.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, PowerShell.
- Practical knowledge of ITIL framework and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills and Background
- Working knowledge of Linux strongly preferred.
- Experience with firewall, router and switch management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.