Senior Systems Security Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Our team is looking for a Senior Systems Security Engineer with extensive cybersecurity experience and superb knowledge of information security standards and best practices to join our team. We take security very seriously, and protecting both our internal assets and customer data is our highest priority. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about security and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
As a Systems Security Engineer, you will design and build systems and core infrastructure to keep assets hardened against attacks, protect network boundaries, and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data. You will be a security leader within the company, gaining a solid understanding of the systems and tools in use at 10x, and ensuring that security is built-in. This position requires both deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines, and the ability to work across a wide variety of software designs and technology stacks.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as a primary technical security resource on all systems and applications deployment
- Design and build core infrastructural systems that are robust, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities.
- Advocate for security culture and educate colleagues across all parts of 10x.
- Conduct security analyses, drive risk decisions, and influence both infrastructure and product architecture across internal tools, frameworks, and applications.
- Evolve authentication, access infrastructure, and policy to simplify the user experience while keeping 10x safe.
- Design, implement and manage DevSecOps capabilities using CI/CD toolsets and automation.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Perform security risk assessments and align standards, frameworks, and corporate policy with overall business and technology strategy, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Security, or a related technical field.
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience.
- Coding experience in one or more general-purpose languages.
- In-depth technical and foundational knowledge of computer systems, networking, security engineering, authentication, security protocols, and/or applied cryptography.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Nice to have skills & background:
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or a related technical field.
- Technical experience across a range of security disciplines - operating systems, infrastructure, cloud, web application, identity and access management, hardware, etc.
- Experience with securing on-premise and public cloud infrastructure (specifically AWS security architecture and best practices).
- Experience with attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures, and corresponding mitigation methods.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.