Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to come in and become part of the Shipping/Receiving team at 10x Genomics. The individual should have a great understanding on how material is received, moved, and shipped within an organization. In this role, the Shipping/Receiving Clerk will be responsible for handling and receiving of materials, delivery of incoming receipts to the intended end users, picking and packing of products, and shipping of various items. The individual must have experience working in a warehouse environment and have experience working in receiving and shipping. The individual should have experience using an ERP software. Individuals applying must work well in a team atmosphere, ability to adapt, detailed orientated, self-starter, and thrive in working in a face paced environment. The applicant will report to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Unloading trucks, verifying piece count, and signing off on the receiving manifest
- Ensure incoming packages are inspected, counted, and delivered to the end user in a timely manner
- Maintain inventory recording, labeling, and placing materials in stock based on the designated inventory locations
- Manage general lab supplies for production and R&D to ensure the supplies do not stock out
- Packing of temperature sensitive and ambient goods in preparation for delivery to internal and external customer
- Process PO receipts and inventory movements forms through our ERP system.
- Processing of export documentation such as commercial invoices, shipper’s letter of instructions, bill of ladings, packing slips, certificate of origin, etc for International shipments
- Preparing shipping labels for domestic and international orders using Fed-Ex Smart Ship software
- Driving of company vehicles to deliver incoming packages and internal requests
- May be required to lift up products up to 50-70 lbs
Required Skills and Background
- High school education or equivalent
- 2-5 years of relevant experience (Life Science preferred but not required)
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Worked with an ERP software
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Class C License
Desired Skills and Background
- Hazmat Certified
- Experience working in a Life Science environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.