Software Field Operations Engineer/Scientist
Location: Pleasanton Headquarters or remote
At 10x Genomics, we want ambitious, talented engineers and scientists to join us in building revolutionary DNA sequencing technology. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of enabling our customers to expand the ways they explore, discover and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are seeking a multi-talented individual to join our 10x Software Field Ops team. This individual will be a cross between a bioinformatics scientist, software engineer and support engineer/scientist. This position can be located either in our Pleasanton, CA HQ or in the field.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and supporting next generation sequencing bioinformatics software and pipelines. You must be a great communicator and have a sincere desire to provide great customer service for our customers. you will work directly with our customers to provide first class bioinformatics and software support. This is an exciting opportunity to work with leading researchers in academia, biotech and pharma, as well as our internal teams.
- Help customers install, understand and troubleshoot 10x Software/Bioinformatics tools, data and results. Interactions are primarily via email support.
- Communicate customer issues and needs to internal teams. Serve as an advocate for customers to make 10x software as easy to use and useful as possible.
- Develop and maintain training material for 10x software tools.
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated experience implementing, troubleshooting and supporting bioinformatics software and pipelines.
- Fluency in UNIX/Linux environments, and strong scripting or programming experience.
- Experience deploying software on Amazon AWS and Google Compute Engine.
- Experience using/troubleshooting HPC issues (SGE, LFS, SLURM, etc).
- Familiarity with Next Generation Sequencing technologies a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.