Software Quality Engineer
Location: Pleasanton Headquarters
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Software Quality Engineer
At 10x Genomics, we want ambitious, talented software engineers to join us in building revolutionary DNA sequencing technology. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. We are pursuing an enormous potential market with backing from tier-one venture investors.
While DNA sequencing technology has advanced rapidly, it’s still at a level equivalent to what assembly language was to computing, with huge advances yet to be made. 10x Genomics is creating products that will do for sequencing what C did for computing, bringing a leap in higher-order clarity and meaning to what is now very low-level information. Software is a key part of that leap. The scale and complexity of analyzing, managing, and visualizing DNA sequencing data means this is an area with no shortage of hard problems, where brilliant engineering still matters and can yield big payoffs.
We want computer scientists and engineers – not just programmers – who excel at creating elegant, practical solutions at every level from web APIs down to LLVM code optimization. We are developing performance-critical algorithms, highly parallel data analysis architectures, robust web applications, and rich user interfaces and visualizations deployed to desktop and cloud on legacy-free stacks. If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, not just your own, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Plan design, develop, and automate test plans against software releases.
- Work with software engineers and computational biologists to develop tests, define test metrics and troubleshoot/resolve issues.
- Report test issues and results in a consistent and timely manner.
- Support troubleshooting of customer issues.
- Test installations over a range of operating systems.
Desired Skills and Background
- BS/MS in computer science, bioinformatics, or equivalent.
- 2+ years software testing or equivalent.
- Experience in designing and developing validation, verification, and regression tests for packaged software and web applications.
- Working knowledge of Python, Bash, Linux, and Git.
- Experience with unit/functional test automation tools and issue tracking systems (Jira).
- Working knowledge of database management systems (Postgres).
- Experience in Go, C/C++, and Node.js are pluses.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis) is a plus.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE) is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.