Sr. Cost Accountant
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough next generation sequencing applications. The core technology combines advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology.
Sr. Cost Accountant
By joining 10X Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Cost Accountant / Manufacturing Financial Analyst. The ideal candidate will have a strong operational and general accounting background having worked in both public accounting and private industry. Under the direction of the Corporate Controller and Vice President Finance, this individual will be a partner to our Manufacturing Operations team to understand business drivers and identify their impact to Gross Margins.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Product costing and analysis of growing biotech product lines including instruments, chips, and reagents.
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, PO expense accrual, variance analyses, and reserve analyses.
- Understand the work order flow and be able to review BOMs, close work orders, and determine how to re-class the work order variances.
- Work with Manufacturing to conduct physical inventory audits for the quarter-end and year-end physical inventory. Be able to deal with cycle count issues.
- Perform standard cost review on a monthly basis and work closely with Ops to justify standard cost changes and provide impact analysis for review and approval.
- Overhead and manufacturing variance research, analysis, and reporting.
- Partnering with Manufacturing to improve processes and analysis, increasing efficiency and reports for management.
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Background
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a BA or BS degree in Business or Accounting.
- Experience in biotech or other life sciences industry a plus.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
- In-depth systems knowledge of enterprise performance management systems. NetSuite/JDE One World experience a plus.
- Strong business partnering skills and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic required.
- Strong analytical skills focused on process improvement.
- Extensive skills/experience using Excel.