Sr. Facilities Technician
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Sr. Facilities Technician
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as a Senior Facilities Technician. The ideal candidate will have a strong maintenance and laboratory support background having demonstrated performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more facilities maintenance tasks (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc. An experienced individual with comprehensive knowledge in chemical handling and precautionary measures regarding hazardous material handling.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet
- Perform minor plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, and furniture reconfigurations
- Inspect and monitor building safety systems
- Inspect and monitor laboratory hazardous waste and classify them for collection
- Verify storage and labeling of inventories of hazardous waste follow regulatory codes
- Maintain of equipment and facilities records and drawings
- Monitor contractor performance and work with outside vendors to ensure work is completed per specification
- Assist Facility Manager in preparing annual maintenance budgets
Required Skills and Background
- Ten years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance in an advanced technology environment
- Demonstrated performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more facilities area (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and/or air conditioning (HVAC)
- Experienced with Facilities support software programs such as AutoCAD and MS Project
- Customer service oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Associates degree in project management, trade school certificate or equivalent work experience related to project management, vendor management, facilities and/or maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in hazardous waste management and practices of proper transportation of hazardous waste through human habitats
- HAZWOPPER training certificate
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in handling hazardous waste and medical waste
- Demonstrated support in a manufacturing and laboratory environment
- Prior project management experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.