Stock Plan Administrator – ESPP
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10X Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Stock Plan Administrator
By joining 10X Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team in Pleasanton, California as Stock Plan Administrator. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to leverage your organization skills and prior equity compensation transaction experiences to implement/enhance processes to incorporate equity compensation in supporting the fast growth of the company. Under the direction of the Sr Director, Treasury, this individual will be a business partner to our Finance, HR, and Legal teams. This individual will assume direct responsibility for the equity systems, accounting pursuant to ASC 718, compliance with tax and legal requirements, and interact with employees and management.
Individuals applying for this position must be a licensed CPA or chartered accountant, a self-starter, strategic thinker and problem solver, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and provide immediate contribution to the teams.
The Stock Plan Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Worldwide equity plan administration, including transaction processing, record keeping and compliance, ASC 718 accounting, tax and payroll reporting, and ensuring operation of related policies and controls.
- Accurate accounting for equity compensation, including preparation of ASC 718 journal entries and account reconciliations. Support Finance team in the interactions with external auditors on equity related matters and with technical documentation. Partner with FP&A for the forecast processes related to equity compensation.
- Design and document operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Conduct initial research of equity related accounting issues.
- Coordinate with external advisors and partners including transfer agent, brokers, and system service provider
Desired Skills and Background
- 5+ years of experience with at least 2 years as Stock Plan Administrator with responsibility for the preparation of ASC 718 calculations
- BA Accounting or related degree
- Small to mid-sized public company experience – private experience a plus
- Experience with equity transaction processing systems - Solium experience a plus
- Experience with generating reports to support various SEC filings and collaboration with Legal for timely filing of Section 16 reports
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and understanding of ASC 718 footnote requirements
- Experience with Netsuite ERP - additional ERP systems experience a plus
- Sarbanes Oxley and associated controls monitoring and testing
- International experience with EMEA and APAC equity programs
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills including pivot tables and complex formulas
- Communicate information in a concise and understandable way to employees and management
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail as well as plan ahead for smooth workflow
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, keen to build relationships, and demonstrate flexibility for ad-hoc requests
- Must take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities