Strategic Account Manager- Northeast
Location: Northeast Region
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Strategic Accounts Manager– Northeastern US
The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned to a subset of named large customers, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company products to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning process, in conjunction with the local sales executive, and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The ideal candidate will live in the territory and have strong relationships within our current market. Must have the ability to travel up to 50%.
- Achieve sales growth and objectives within assigned accounts across the entire 10x portfolio.
- Provide business insight and value to retain customers and ensure customer relationships.
- Demonstrate leadership and decision making in adjusting strategy to account for local factors or market shifts
- Builds and executes strategic account planning that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development, Product Marketing, Field Sales, and Field Application Scientists to drive opportunities and awareness in assigned accounts.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Establish global alignment at multi-location accounts by working collaboratively with counterparts in EMEA and APAC.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Keep CRM system up to date and qualify leads from Marketing
- Navigate orders through the customer purchasing process and provide accurate sales forecasts; while keeping CRM system up to date.
Required Skills and Background
- B.S. in life science, chemistry or business required.
- Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line
- Minimum of 5 years senior level sales experience in NGS or Diagnostics
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to articulate well and think quick on your feet
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of influencing in a matrix organization driving for action and consensus
- Results orientated, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Willingness to accept up to 50% travel
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM database required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.