Support Automation Scientist, Singapore
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Support Automation Scientist
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as a Support Automation Scientist for 10x Genomics Instrument platforms. This position acts as the escalation pathway for automation hardware service and support issues, as well as being a key contact for our OEM automation partners and customers. The primary goal of this position is to ensure our instrumentation lives up to the 10x standard for truly transforming our customers research.
• Manage the escalation process for systemic service and support issues with 10x instrumentation. Partner daily with our application focused FAS team, Technical Support, in-house R&D scientists and Engineers to provide timely resolution to escalated issues.
• Be the principal point of contact for service issues with our High Throughput, custom 10x automation integration customers.
• In conjunction with product management, communicate with 10x Support organization to provide updates and explanations on firmware changes and hardware failure modes.
• Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience while serving as a member of core product development teams
• Produce technical content. Develop, write, and edit technical documentation for internal and external customers.
• Cooperatively with R&D and the support Training Manager, lead Technical Instrument Training. Develop and maintain the Training Curriculum for Support. Lead and/ or assist the training of new Support personnel.
Required Skills and Background
• BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Automation, Biological, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering in a High Tech or Biotech instrumentation company.
• Secondary experience with Genomics highly desirable.
• Experience in Customer-facing roles strongly preferred.
• Illumina NGS, Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
• Outstanding written, verbal communication and training skills are a MUST
• Willing to travel up to 50%, International and Domestic