Support Scientist – Leiden
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Support Scientist - Netherlands
At 10x Genomics we innovate constantly, empowering our customers to discover new biology with previously unimagined breath, depth and accuracy.
As an in-house Applications Support Scientist you will be at the center of innovation that builds and maintains an optimal Customer Experience for 10x Genomics products. As a key member of the Global Support Team you will develop and continuously improve technical content and commercial processes to ensure that 10x Customers are successful beyond their expectations.
- Provide technical advice and mentoring. Assist in applications troubleshooting for both our Field Applications Team and Customers. Give scientific guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate 10x products. Log and manage customer issues using 10x's case tracking database.
- Manage the escalation process. Hold peer-level consultations with Scientists at top academic, research and corporate institutions. Partner daily with in-house R&D scientists to provide timely resolution.
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience while serving as a member of core product development teams
- Capture lessons learned. Own the Knowledgebase, FAQs and other knowledge-based tools. Tribal knowledge is documented
- Produce technical content. Develop, write, and edit technical documentation for internal and external customers. Own the Support pages of the website
- Lead Technical Training. Develop and maintain the Training Curriculum for Support. Lead and/ or assist the training of new Support personnel
Required Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered
- Experience in Customer-facing roles is a must. Support experience preferred. SFDC experience highly desirable
- Hands on Illumina library preparation and troubleshooting highly desirable
- NGS data analysis desirable
- Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and training skills are a MUST
- Willing to travel up to 10%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.