Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
As a Technical Illustrator, you will create and manage high quality illustrations for use in technical documentation and presentation materials. You will also generate and organize presentation materials for maximum visual impact and readability.
You are a person who lives truly believes that a picture speaks a thousand words and understands the impact of high quality illustrations and images. You have exceptional attention to detail and understand that it is bedrock of pixel-level accuracy that high quality illustrations are built upon. Your technical background helps you understand how to communicate complex technical ideas and concepts with simple and clean illustrations.
You are dedicated to adding value, and understand the connection between content, customer experience, and business success. Being part of a hard-working team that aspires to be the best in the industry engages your enthusiasm and commitment. You seek out opportunities to improve tools, deliverables, and processes, and show good judgment about when and how to drive change. Consideration of downstream implications, and attention to sustainable infrastructure are part of your normal approach.
This position relies on effective engagement with many types of people. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information. Over time, your knowledge of the inter- dependencies between products and technical materials enables you to see opportunities that others have missed.
- The organization and management of existing illustrative and image assets and the distribution of appropriate assets to stakeholders.
- The creation of consistent and high-quality illustrations and images for technical materials under construction.
- Work with R&D, Support, and Marketing to create high quality and instructive illustrations and images.
- Organize photoshoots for technical images, and carry out/manage post image capture processing.
- Work with technical writers and other technical content staff to create high quality documents and other instructive materials.
Required Skills and Background
- A degree in genomics, biology, or biochemistry or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years as a technical illustrator or equivalent experience.
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- A professional understanding of different image types and creating images at appropriate sizes for different applications.
- Expert level of document layout using software tools appropriately and efficiently.
- The job requires strong organizational skills and excellent time and project management. You must thrive in a fast-paced and last-minute change environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.