Technical Sales Specialist – Berlin
Location: remote - Berlin
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Technical Sales Specialist - Berlin
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for sales and related sales support activities for all products and applications within the 10x Genomics product portfolio. They will sell products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts in an assigned territory: Incumbent will work from a remote location but must be located within the territory/region with a strong preference for major airport access.
- Achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits and by email/telephone
- Work closely with sales executive counterparts to develop specific account growth strategy, account penetration, and account support activities
- TSS is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of Single Cell and DNA products and applications within the 10x Genomics product portfolio, TSS expected to be a field technical expert
- Generates, qualifies, and partners in closing sales leads by building a strong opportunity pipeline
- Work with product management/R&D/applications/marketing and field sales to disseminate and develop content, strategy, collaborations, and go-to market activities
- Maintain appropriate records and forecasts business as needed
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback both to field sales as well as internal product management
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Coordinates and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars, trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement annual Territory Sales Plan and update as needed
- May provide after sales technical support and customer service as needed
- Provides mentorship, if applicable
- Strong Oral and written Communication
- Track record of success selling, and negotiating
- Master’s Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Must have experience with NGS, immunology, cell biology, and molecular biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the Company
- Ability to walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented and results driven.
- Must be proficient in using MS Office, and experience in using a contact information management system
- Overnight travel up to 50% of the time based on territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record
- Advanced degree, preferred
- 7 years commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- High level depth NGS experience, Single cell genomics experience
- Multi-lingual skills desired ( for the European position)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.