Technical Sales Specialist – San Francisco
Location: remote - San Francisco
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Technical Sales Specialist - San Francisco
The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) is primarily responsible for accelerating the sales process and maximizing revenue for every sales opportunity in their territory. They will conduct sales and related sales support activities for all products and applications within the 10x Genomics portfolio. The TSS is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of all products and applications within the 10x Genomics portfolio. The TSS expected to be a field technical expert. They will sell products to specified academic, government, private, and/or industrial accounts in an assigned territory: Incumbent will work from a remote location but must be located within the territory with a strong preference for ready access to a major airport.
- Partner closely with Sales Executives to generate, qualify, and close sales opportunities
- Work with product management/R&D/applications/marketing and field sales to develop and disseminate content, strategy, collaborations, and go-to market activities
- Maintain appropriate records and provides relevant information to help forecast business as needed
- Gather, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback both to field sales as well as internal product management colleagues
- Provide weekly, monthly, and/or ad hoc business/activity reports as required
- Coordinate and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars, trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Achieve assigned territory sales goals by calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits, email, telephone, video conference, etc
- Work closely with sales executive counterparts to develop specific account growth, penetration, and support activities
- Provide mentorship, training, and education to colleagues and/or customers as applicable
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills including small and large group presentations
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience with NGS, immunology, cell biology, and molecular biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the company
- Ability to walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented and results driven
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Overnight travel up to 80% of the time based on territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance, and acceptable driving record
- PhD in a relevant field of study
- Track record of success selling and negotiating
- 5+ years commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, hospital, government, biotech and/or biopharmaceutical accounts
- Deep and broad NGS experience
- Single cell genomics experience
- Multi-lingual skills desired
- Experience using a CRM system (e.g. SFDC)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.