Technical Training Specialist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
As an in-house Technical Training Specialist you will be primarily responsible for delivering world class technical training on 10x Genomics products to our in-house and field-based technical support staff in laboratory, web-based and classroom settings. Additionally, you will work closely with the Technical Training Manager to develop and continuously enhance the training content and methods to extend the value and effectiveness of our training processes.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver live classroom and online training sessions, serving as a subject matter expert for training attendees
- Develop and maintain training content for both classroom and online delivery. Content will cover existing products, as well as newly launched or updated products
- Organize and maintain training content for distribution though the Support website and Learning Management System
- Coordinate the logistics of live training sessions
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Technical expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics/genomics or chemistry is required. Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience considered
- Outstanding communication, presentation and training skills are essential
- Teaching or training experience is required; preference for peer-level teaching experience
- Direct experience with cell handling, single cell analysis, spatial analysis, NGS library preparation, and/or NGS data analysis
- Ability to execute high quality, flawless work in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have skills & background:
- Customer-facing support experience in life science industry (eg Technical Support or Field Applications) desirable
- Familiarity with video production and editing software desirable
- Familiarity with Bridge learning management system, or similar
- Training certification a plus
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.