Technical Training Specialist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Technical Training Specialist
At 10x Genomics we innovate constantly, empowering our customers to discover new biology at a previously unimagined scale. Our portfolio and team are growing rapidly, and we have a need to teach our customer-facing scientists a great breadth and depth of material to enable them to help our customers succeed.
As an in-house Technical Training Specialist you will be primarily responsible for delivering world class technical training on 10x Genomics products to our in-house and field-based technical support staff in laboratory, web-based and classroom settings. Additionally, you will work closely with the Technical Training Manager to develop and continuously enhance the training content and methods to extend the value and effectiveness of our training processes.
- Deliver live classroom and online training sessions, serving as a subject matter expert for training attendees
- Develop and maintain training content for both classroom and online delivery. Content will cover existing products, as well as newly launched or updated products
- Organize and maintain training content for distribution though the Support website and Learning Management System
- Coordinate the logistics of live training sessions
- Technical expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics/genomics or chemistry is required. Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience considered
- Outstanding communication, presentation and training skills are essential
- Teaching or training experience is required; preference for peer-level teaching experience
- Direct experience with cell handling, single cell analysis, spatial analysis, NGS library preparation, and/or NGS data analysis
- Ability to execute high quality, flawless work in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-facing support experience in life science industry (eg Technical Support or Field Applications) desirable
- Familiarity with video production and editing software desirable
- Familiarity with Bridge learning management system, or similar
- Training certification a plus
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.