Technical Writer – Research & Development
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Technical Writer - Research & Development
We are seeking a creative, collaborative, and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as a Technical Writer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sciences with excellent technical writing skills. This person will be part of the Technical Communications team and will work closely with multiple teams, including R&D and Support, to generate high quality customer facing document portfolios for multiple product lines in a fast-paced environment. The individual will be a highly productive writer, a quick learner, a methodical and organized worker with an unfailing attention to detail. Writing creativity will be required to generate documents that can maximize product performance and enhance customer experience. Developing an understanding of the diverse product portfolios along with user requirements will be key in contributing towards new content presentation styles and formats. Proficiency in content creation and content management tools along with the ability to learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards will be required.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Write and edit high quality, clear, concise, and consistent customer facing technical publications, like User Guides, for diverse product portfolios in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively partner with multiple stakeholders to gather input and implement specific changes in documents
- Integrate various sources of information into documents with a uniform style and language for compliance with corporate brand standards and legal guidelines
- Use a Document Control system to coordinate document review, approval, and release
- Effectively manage and sustain multiple product document portfolios under tight timelines, with flexibility to shift priorities
- Develop understanding of product portfolios and product users to generate and implement creative document presentation styles and formats, improving user experience
- Create systems and processes to streamline content creation by minimizing redundancy and enhancing content modularity
Required Skills and Background
- Masters degree in a life science discipline or equivalent (PhD preferred)
- Minimum two years of technical writing experience, generating clear, concise, and technically accurate content for targeted audiences.
- Extremely organized with excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of general materials and methods used when working in a wet lab
- Proficiency in English with excellent grammatical and editorial skills is a must
Desired Skills and Background
- Familiarity with single cell genomics products and research
- At least one to two years of wet lab bench experience is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, particularly Adobe Indesign, is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.