Trade Compliance Specialist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Trade Compliance Specialist
We are looking for a dynamic individual to become part of the Compliance/Logistics team at 10x Genomics. The ideal candidate should have a strong background with International trade and understanding of international compliance. The candidate should be able to exhibit the following traits that would be able to help succeed in the position. The ability to problem solve, multi-task, ability to effectively communicate with our internal and external partners including carriers, vendors, and government agencies. The candidate will prepare, review, and process international shipments for our oversea clients and ensure the we’re in compliance with export regulations. The candidate will work closely with multiple cross functional teams within the organization so it’s important to be able to work in a team environment. Applicants applying for the position must have to ability to adapt to changing priorities, detailed orientated, self-starter, and thrive in working at a face paced environment. The applicant will report to the Warehouse Manager.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Help develop a compliance program to ensure we are meeting the International trade rules and regulations.
- Develop system for maintaining records of import/export documentation, carrier contracts, and conduct periodic audits to ensure files are up to date.
- Understand the requirements to ship into specific regions for dry ice shipments
- Processing and audit of import/export related documentation: Commercial invoices, Shipper’s Letter of Instructions, Bill of ladings, Packing slips, Certificate of Origin, Airway bills.
- Coordinate with freight forwarding companies for scheduling of pickup for time and temperature sensitive material and providing the necessary documentations to ensure no delays during custom clearance.
- Communicate with our oversea partners for processing of customer shipments
- Coordinate with US Customs to manage shipments delays, investigations, and provide the necessary information for clearance.
- Assigns HTS classification codes and determine Export Control Classification (ECCN) for new product introductions.
- Process orders in our ERP system
- Act as the main contact for trade compliance questions for 10x offices throughout the globe.
- Audit existing products to ensure it’s properly classified.
- Submit ACE filing when required for International Shipments
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS in a related field or relevant work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in export and import compliance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of classifying HTS and ECCN
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong team player, detailed oriented,
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks daily
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience working in a Life Science environment
- Experience using an ERP system
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.