Web Admin and Content Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
The Web Content Manager is a key member of the Commercial Marketing Team. The primary functions are to manage design and content for 10x Genomics’ websites, and to create, maintain update, edit and curate all website content. The position will be a liaison between MarCom and internal stakeholders with website content, and will integrate content from multiple product teams. The website admin will be dedicated to exceptional user experience, ensuring that the customer web experience is relevant, concise, SEO optimized, and visually compelling, with content that encourages engagement and return.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and have the prior work experience needed to quickly learn our protocols.
- Ensure web content is fresh, fully developed, expertly edited, and search engine optimized; it must also contain high quality supporting elements such as images and videos as needed
- Ensure new pages are user friendly and link properly with existing pages and that viewers can navigate easily and be linked seamlessly with other relevant web pages.
- Coordinate and oversee the editorial and quality assurance process with content creators.
- Work with publishers to resolve technical issues related to the proper display of content and to develop automated website features
- Optimize web content for end user performance. Work may include reformatting text, assuring hyperlink integrity, transferring and translating files, and posting of new material to the page involving HTML scripting. May maintain web site content and information flow.
- Utilize SEO and SEM analytics to optimize page content, metadata, keywords, and layout.
- Assist in building the underlying web site platform(s) for new and migrating websites as needed.
- Find, diagnose, and fix content problems, including broken links, typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies. Perform website administration, such as setting provisions and managing access and workflows.
- Ensure all published content complies with corporate information security policies, corporate PR standards, established usability standards, copyright laws, and applicable regulations
- Work with stake holders to maintain existing content and develop new content to promote programs and services.
- Assist in the maintenance of security processes and procedures to ensure site security.
- Compile, analyze, and report statistics regarding all relevant website matrix.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in Healthcare, Pharma, Biotech or High Tech industry preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in web content management
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web site development technologies and software
- Clear understanding of web standards and usability methods
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS (Content Management Systems)
- Knowledge of multimedia and design
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with relational database technology, SQL, Access, and Filemaker Pro
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of communications, production, terminology, strategies.