Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Financial Analyst. This position will provide financial analysis that will help guide business decisions of Senior Leaders. The ideal candidate will have a strong planning and analysis background with an understanding of the fundamentals of general accounting.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Establish solid business partnership with various teams in an assigned function, e.g. Manufacturing, R&D, Commercial, or Corporate.
- Manage, improve and streamline the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for the team, including operating expense, headcount, and capital expenditures.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely month-end variance and management reporting. Create standardized reporting packages to effectively communicate relevant information.
- Provide analytical support and financial guidance to help with various business decisions. This includes developing new analyses and improving reports and metrics to better support business partners’ decision-making process.
- Develop ideas for process improvement for scaling the finance department and implement in collaboration with other FP&A team members.
Required Skills and Background
- 3 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling.
- Proven track record in business partner or corporate FP&A role.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task, fast-paced environment.
Desired Skills and Background
- MBA a plus
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or submit your resume at http://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/