Product Manager, Spatial
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Product Manager (PM), Spatial Transcriptomics
The PM manages the complexity and profitability of the products and must work well with customers and understand the problems the product is intended to solve. The PM is responsible for orchestrating the various activities associated with ensuring that a product is delivered that meets users' needs. This role will be responsible for orchestrating successful customer engagements throughput a product development life cycle.
The PM uses knowledge of customer needs and market trends, and is accountable for implementing the global marketing tactics to drive revenue and brand growth for the rapidly growing spatial transcriptomics products within 10x Genomics’ product portfolio.
Throughout all the stages of the product development process, the PM represents the needs of end-users, evaluates market trends and competition, and uses this information to help determine which features to build. In order to facilitate this decision-making process, the PM may set out a vision for the product or a general framework for making product decisions. The PM also ensures an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all the members of the team and different stakeholders of the company, all in the interest of driving the product forward.
- Define new product requirements, product roadmap, and product positioning/messaging
- Ensure successful life-cycle management of on-market products
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process and to ensure requirements are met
- Collect voice of customer feedback and perform market research
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to generate proof of concept data, ensure successful adoption of products and penetrate key application areas
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to define trends and evaluate new market opportunities and work with others in the marketing team to identify products that can enhance customer experience
- Work closely with the sales and field organization to evaluate and refine competitive messaging, tools, strategies and tactics
- Provide sales support and training to worldwide Sales, Support Teams and Distributors for in-development and on-market single cell products
- Maintain financial, unit forecasting, and pricing models
- Support ongoing and lead future product sustaining efforts post launch including continual improvement efforts, development of content for marketing collateral for customer, sales and support teams and product quality assessments
- Represent Marketing as a core team member within 10x’s Project Teams
- Work in collaboration with Marketing Communications to bring new products to market, supports global go-to-market strategies
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics or related field; MBA desirable but not required
- At least three years’ experience in product management with NGS or genomics experience highly desired
- Experience defining product requirements and working with internal cross functional teams to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements desired
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Good understanding of the needs for NGS products and technologies in the academic, translational and pre-clinical markets desired
- Must have customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated experience in launching products in the life sciences field a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong desire to make an impact
- Ability to travel up to 25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.