Production Associate 1
Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Production Associate 1
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its consumable manufacturing team. This individual will be responsible for production consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. This role requires excellent laboratory skills in performing production operations consistently.
The ideal candidate will have an education background in one or more of the following disciplines: Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent. Experience in production and QC of similar products in a manufacturing environment a plus.
This is an entry to junior level non-exempt position in 10x reagent manufacturing team. Individuals applying to this position should have a basic understanding of industry manufacturing workflow and ERP system. This individual must be a self-starter, quick learner and detail oriented, work well in a team atmosphere, have good communication skills, ability to adapt and thrive in working at a fast-paced environment.
- Execute production operations according to defined procedures and ensure the integrity and quality of products
- Perform formulation and dispensing of reagent consumables and assemble into final kit configurations
- Operate liquid handling robotic system and complex manufacturing equipment for production biochemistry under supervision
- Operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
- Process work orders accurately using an ERP system in a timely manner
- Maintenance of production batch records and good documentation under ISO requirement
- Initiate Non-Conformance Material or Deviation report and follow up on progress and action items
- Accurate tracking of production data, test data and inventory
- Disposition material based on QC and production data
- Assist in writing and revising work instructions and production batch records
- Assist training new trainees on production processes defined in production batch records and work instructions
- Identify issues occurred in production labs and escalate issues to supervisor’s or MSE’s attention
Required Skills and Background
- B.S./M.S. in one of the following disciplines – Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience in manufacturing or QC of Life Science products
- Basic understanding of DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies required and relevant experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines under supervision
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
Desired Skills and Background
- Relevant experience in a production environment working with standard production control tools – ERP, LIMS, inventory control, work orders a plus
- Experience with liquid handling robotic system a plus
- Experience with common lab equipment such as pipettes, nanodrop, centrifuges, thermocyclers, microscopes, etc. a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.