Quality Analyst – Enterprise Systems
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Quality Analyst – Enterprise Systems
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is primarily responsible for testing all ERP, CRM, HCM packaged applications that are either configured on the cloud or on-premise. The Analyst partners with IT Business Analysts and other cross functional stakeholders to plan, test, and implement all changes to ensure that packaged applications conform to the desired quality standard. The Analyst is accountable for defects and ensuring that the systems are operational and “business ready” during projects or periodic software upgrades.
- Partner with business analysts and respective cross-functional business groups (e.g. Finance, Manufacturing, Sales, HR, Marketing, IT, etc...)
- Understand existing and anticipated ERP, CRM, HCM functionality end to end, including cloud-based offerings and integration to boundary systems, that meet business demand.
- Assist the team with user acceptance testing requirements for existing and new ERP/CRM/HR systems and modules
- Develop testing strategy and user acceptance testing test plan
- Develop comprehensive test scenarios and test cases aligning with business strategies and system functionalities.
- Develop and document step-by-step test cases based on the system functionalities that are configured as per business needs
- Prioritize and execute testing of scenarios, test cases according to plan
- Regression testing of new projects or enhancements or periodic upgrades of SaaS systems (ERP/CRM/ HR)
- Develop test scripts to automate manual repeatable time intensive tasks
- Identify, log, and track defects through resolution
- Provide reporting on defect tracking and follow-up with bug owners for constant update until resolution
- Develop and maintain testing standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistent testing procedures
- Partner with distributed teams, outside vendors or offshore testing partners
- Follow standards in accordance with company policy and regulation (SOX, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
Required Skills and Background
- Has an eye for detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate user behavior or risks to systems
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently without close supervision to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in performing testing using test scenarios, record test results and defects
- Experience in testing SaaS based ERP or CRM or HCM systems
- In-depth understanding of the various testing concepts (e.g. Functional, Usability, Availability, Performance)
- Understanding of basic Waterfall and Agile project management concepts
- Experience testing applications in accordance to required functionality and non-functional quality attributes (e.g. Availability, Performance)
- Experience writing test scenarios and test cases.
- Ability to conduct manual and automated testing
- Experience with automated functional GUI test tools (e.g. Selenium, HP Quicktest Professional, Borland SilkTest)
- Experience working in Issue tracking tools like JIRA, ServiceNow, Bugzilla etc.
Desired Skills and Background
- 5+ Years’ Experience in Quality Assurance Analyst or Tester role with a BS in Computer Science or equivalent OR
- 3 + Years’ Experience in Quality Assurance Analyst or Tester role with MBA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.