R&D Project Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
R&D Project Manager
We are seeking an energetic, collaborative, and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as R&D Project Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in molecular biology and experience with project management and next-generation sequencing. You will work for the Senior Director of Program Management in a crack team of project managers who help our teams efficiently develop our wonderful products. This individual will serve as project management support on product development projects, working closely on different teams with the project leads and technical area leads. They will also contribute to coordination across the company on process improvements.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, action-driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization, and provide immediate contribution.
- Serve as project management support on 10x product development teams, organizing and tracking scope, requirements, schedule, and performance
- Help the project team define and focus on key user features and technical risks
- Identify and resolve issues with interconnected deadlines, priorities, and resourcing
- With the other project managers, streamline and standardize technical project management
- Assess and improve processes for project workflow and communication
Required Skills and Background
- Graduate degree in biology, chemistry, or chemical engineering plus two or more years working outside of academia
- Two or more years of experience with NGS (Next-Gen Sequencing) workflows
- Two or more years of experience on product development teams
- Two or more years of experience as a project manager
- Solid understanding of project planning and tracking
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Concrete cases of working with a diversity of stakeholders to pull together a shared plan
- Strong communication skills: speaking, writing, listening, and interacting
Desired Skills and Background
- Doctorate in molecular biology or closely related discipline
- Hands-on experience with 10x products
- PMP certification or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and launching an RUO product
- Experience with both traditional/ waterfall and agile project management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.