Regional Marketing Events Manager, AMR (West Coast)
Location: Remote, SF or San Diego
Regional Marketing Manager – Events, Americas (West Coast)
Location: Bay Area or San Diego, CA
10x Genomics is a Bay Area company developing new technologies for breakthrough genomics applications. The core technologies combine advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology. Our aim is to help scientists advance their research and ask scientific questions they didn’t know they could ask.
Fueled by scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
As the Regional Marketing Manager – Events, Americas (West Coast), this position will report to the Director of Americas (AMR) Regional Marketing. This position will be primarily responsible for the planning, management and execution of 10x Genomics’ external events in the West Coast territory of the AMR Region. The regional event portfolio includes but not limited to national/regional tradeshows, conferences, partner events, user group meetings, seminar series, and distributor meetings. This position is also responsible for setting strategic communication direction as well as ensuring effective evaluation of results.
The Regional Marketing Manager – Events must be a motivated self-starter who can effectively deal with ambiguity, easily adapt to change, and maintain calm under pressure. Experience in the life sciences and familiarity with the communication needs/preferences of scientists and researchers is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with excellent project management, negotiating, and execution skills.
- Collaborate with AMR Regional Marketing Managers, Sales Executives, District Managers, Science & Technology Advisors and others to develop an event strategy that is aligned with overall regional sales and marketing strategy to meet annual territory business objectives
- Plan and manage the venue selection process, contract reviews, site inspections, transportation, food and beverage, accommodations, and budget reconciliation
- Develop and coordinate the production of event materials including booth graphics and physical assets, agendas, badges, signage, and presentation templates in collaboration with brand/marketing communications team and/or agency partners
- Manage promotional and booth inventory for Americas region
- Partner with Regional Marketing Managers in respective territory to create communication messages to promote events externally and manage the distribution of communications with the digital marketing and social media team.
- Track event registrations, attendance and management of event spend
- Communicate regulatory with internal stakeholders on event objectives, agenda and event status from pre-event through program execution and measurement
- Evaluate event impact by reporting on event metrics and ROI, as well as providing recommendations for improvement of event planning and processes
- Builds strong relationships inside and outside of the organization
- Adhere to 10x Genomics standards of business conduct
- Maintain confidentiality of client and business data at all times
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in association, exhibit, meetings and/or events management in the life sciences or B2B industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. marketing communications, marketing, public relations)
- Persuasive communications skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, including experience using project management software (e.g. WorkFront, Asana, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Available for evening and weekend work during events
- Diplomatic and service-oriented
- Ability to regularly move objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Requires up to 50% travel, including weekends