Research Associate / Senior Research Associate -Molecular Biology Assay Development
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Location: Pleasanton, CA
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join the Molecular Biology team as a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate. The ideal candidate will have experience in the development of novel molecular biology assays for solving complex biological problems. He/she will work closely with scientists in the assay development team to evaluate and optimize new methods for library generation. The ideal candidate will have an educational background in one or more of the following disciplines: molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field. The candidate should have at least 4 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment.
- Support the development and optimization of novel molecular biology assay schemes for applications including molecular barcoding, nucleic acid amplification, and library preparation strategies for single cell genomic assays
- Perform experiments and analyze data
- Write protocols, develop procedures, and maintain accurate records
- Communicate and present results clearly and contribute data for making critical design decisions
Required Skills and Background
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 4+ years of hands-on molecular biology experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques such as sample preparation, nucleic acid amplification, qPCR, DNA sequencing, or similar
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing library preparation workflows
- Familiarity with cell culture and cell staining
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong record keeping skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires real-time communication, flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
Desired Skills and Background:
- Familiarity with single cell genomics
- Developing high-throughput assays
- Experience with experimental design and data analysis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.