Scientist 2 – Molecular Biology
Location: Pleasanton, California
10x Genomics builds products and services that interrogate, understand and master biology to advance human health. Our products have been adopted by researchers around the world and have been cited in research papers on discoveries across the life sciences, including oncology, immunology and neuroscience. We are proud to have our products adopted by 93 of the top 100 global research institutions and 13 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies.
Come and join the 10x difference and be a part of a dynamic experience that will take you from scientific curiosity to discovery. By joining our team, you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues and become an integral part in helping our customers discover breakthroughs that will help transform the world in the coming decades.
Scientist/Senior Scientist – Molecular Biology
We are looking for an exceptional scientist to drive new research and product development efforts in our Molecular Biology department. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing innovative molecular biology protocols for solving complex biological problems, as well as a broad understanding of next generation sequencing and its applications. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. The successful candidate in this position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, chemistry and microfluidics.
- Conceive and develop novel molecular biology assay schemes for applications including molecular barcoding, nucleic acid amplification and library preparation strategies
- Plan and perform systematic workflow and reagent optimization by modeling, identification of critical factors and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Contribute molecular biology expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams
- Work closely with computational biologists to interpret data generated by novel and optimized assay schemes
- Work closely with process development staff to develop quality control and manufacturing strategies for novel or optimized reagents
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field with a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in academia and/or industry
- Proven ability to design novel molecular biology assay schemes, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or launched products
- Familiarity of NGS library preparation, principle of sequencing technologies, and data analysis
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Desired Skills and Background
- Single-cell genomics, functional genomics, or immunology
- Development and use of high-throughput assays based on next generation sequencing
- Experience in computational analysis of next-generation sequencing data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.