Scientist – Product Integration
Location: Pleasanton, California
10x Genomics builds products and services that interrogate, understand and master biology to advance human health. Our products have been adopted by researchers around the world and have been cited in research papers on discoveries across the life sciences, including oncology, immunology and neuroscience. We are proud to have our products utilized by 93 of the top 100 global research institutions and 13 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies.
Come and join the 10x difference and be a part of a dynamic experience that will take you from scientific curiosity to discovery. By joining our team, you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues and become an integral part in helping our customers discover breakthroughs that will help transform the world in the coming decades.
Scientist – Product Integration
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join the Product Integration (PI) team at 10x Genomics. This is a multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Assay Development, Cell Biology, Computational Biology, Support, Microfluidics, Hardware Engineering and Chemistry. You will play an important role in expanding the 10x product portfolio by performing product research and development, identifying and managing risks, troubleshooting and optimizing 10x product workflows.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in the development of novel molecular biology protocols for solving complex biological problems. This person should have a broad understanding of next generation sequencing, its applications, and a love for building great products. As scientists in PI, we are driven to turn product concepts into the tools that accelerate our understanding of biology.
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams at all stages of product development
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, molecular biology, and microfluidics to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify robust solutions
- Planning and execution of experiments, in-depth analysis and reporting of through documentation and presentations
- Contribute molecular biology/genomics expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams to ensure project milestones and product performance
- Establish robust, customer-facing workflows that meet product requirements and delight our customers
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genomics, or similar fields with a minimum of 1 year’s post-graduate experience
- Experience with molecular biology assays/protocols utilizing next-generation sequencing as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or product development roles
- Proven ability to troubleshoot failures through experimental design, execution and analysis
- Strong organizational skills to manage multidisciplinary projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines)
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience running single cell workflows ideally using the 10x platform
- Laboratory automation experience a plus
- Familiarity with quality management and formal product testing (e.g., verification and validation) highly desired
- Experience with statistical design, modeling and use of design of experiment (DOE) approaches
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.