Senior Manager FP&A – EMEA (Leiden, Netherlands)
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as EMEA FP&A Manager in the Netherlands, located within commuting distance of the Leiden office. This position will provide financial analysis and accounting support that will help guide business decisions of the EMEA business. The position will report to the Director, FP&A in the US with a strong dotted line to the EMEA Regional Sales VP located in the UK. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a business partner as well as roles with fiduciary responsibility in multi-national companies.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action-driven and flexible in changing direction and methods. Additionally, qualified candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide an immediate contribution. Finally, the individual must have culturally diverse experiences in managing and being managed remotely.
- Provide all aspects of financial support to the EMEA Sales VP. This requires close working relationships with his direct reports throughout EMEA.
- Help drive commercial performance in EMEA by supporting critical decisions with business insights.
- Provide leadership, guidance, influence, and best practices insights with local teams in EMEA.
- As a critical member of the FP&A organization, manage, improve and streamline the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for the region, including revenue, operating expense, headcount and capital expenditure.
- Partner with the Accounting team
- Partner with the EMEA Controller to perform a fiduciary role and report all financial matters to the headquarters Finance team on a timely basis.
- Interface with the EMEA local accounting firm on FP&A related items during the period close.
- Work with headquarters IT, Facilities, Purchasing and other functions as needed
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely month-end variance and management reporting. Create standardized reporting packages to effectively communicate relevant information.
- Provide analytical support and financial guidance to help with various business decisions. This includes, but not limited to:
- Developing new analyses and improving reports and metrics to better support business partners’ decision-making process.
- Facilitate execution of growth strategy in the region, such as legal entity set-up. This may include financial analyses for broader growth initiatives, e.g., Facilities and other functions projects (outside of Sales & Marketing) relevant to the EMEA region
Required Skills and Background
- BA in Accounting.
- 10 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role in multi-national firms.
- Strong collaborator and comfortable operating in a matrix organization, geographically dispersed and culturally diverse group.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in international settings and English language are required.
- Proven track record in business partner FP&A role supporting GM and Commercial organization.
- Good understanding on US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Willing to travel up to 25%, primarily within EMEA region, and the US headquarters as needed.
Desired Skills and Background
- MBA a plus.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Multiple language skill (English is a must and additional European language(s)).