Senior Marketing Lead, Segment Marketing, Neuroscience
Location: Pleasanton, CA or Remote
10x Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough next generation sequencing applications. The core technology combines advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology.
Senior Marketing Lead, Segment Marketing - Neuroscience
The Leader of Segment Marketing - Neuroscience, will be responsible for short term and long term market development activities globally for the Neuroscience market segment. They will be customer centric and focus on shaping value propositions and differentiated offerings across the 10x Genomics product portfolio. This will resonate with customers from academics to translational to bio-pharma. This role will have deep market insight and intelligence of market drivers, market size, unmet customer needs, and key players that will aid in the development of yearly marketing execution plans, global marketing campaigns and programs, 3 year segment focused strategic plans, and product recommendations. Collaboration with other parts of the marketing organization will be key to defining, developing, and driving marketing activities including content creation, event marketing, lead generation, brand awareness, customer persuasion, sales enablement, and more.
In this role, the individual must be a self-starter, strategic thinker, action and output driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and within customer institutions.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Global Market Development within the Strategic Marketing Commercial Organization.
The ideal candidate will:
- Serve as the main point of contact for the organization as it pertains to Neuroscience related market development activities.
- Be the domain expert and spokesperson for the Neuroscience segment.
- Maintain, develop, and communicate a deep knowledge of the Neuroscience trends, customer needs, and competitive activity throughout the organization.
- Have global domain knowledge and work with regional marketing to tailor to regional differences
- Analyze and communicate market size, share, growth, and competition as well as status quo techniques and technologies in order to develop messaging and go-to-market (GTM) plans
- Develop relationships and engage with related segment focused associations, educational institutions, professional organizations, publications, trade shows, and customers.
- Succinctly report the quarterly performance of the business in relations to the Neuroscience market, presenting on revenues, growth drivers/detractors, industry dynamics, customer usage types, and forecasts for future quarters.
- Contribute to the development of the global campaign programs through collaborative partnership with the Marketing Program Managers and other cross-functional teams.
- Collect feedback from customers & internal stakeholders, analyzing market data and Voice of Customer data to propose new features, products, partnerships, technologies or other ideas that can be leveraged from customer insights, and create segment specific sales and customers enablement tools.
- Complement the technical expertise of R&D and product managers to contribute to product recommendations and requirements
- Partners with the Sales organization as needed to identify emerging opportunities
- Must have a deep understanding of the market landscape for the Neuroscience segment and sub-segments
- Must demonstrate technical expertise in Cellular and Molecular aspects of Neuroscience, Neural Development, and Neural Disease and tools used in these research area sub-segments.
- Must have a proven track record of being execution oriented and delivering high quality results
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in life sciences with a focus on Neuroscience or similar. PhD is desired
- Previous work experience with a Neuroscience focus highly preferred
- MBA with an emphasis in marketing is preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in the Life Science tools industry, with at least 5 years of Commercial experience
- Experience project managing activities with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across all functions and levels at the organization and with customers
- Must be collaborative and a team player who knows how to leverage other functions of the organization
- Influence internally and have the skills to navigate and be successful in a matrixed organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 30-50% of time
- Located at HQ preferred
For more information, please contact email@example.com