Senior Production Manager
Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ and Visium Systems are enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Production Manager
10x Genomics is seeking an outstanding Senior Production Manager (Reagent Formulation, Gel Bead and Next GEM Chip Production). The ideal candidate will have a strong operational and production background in the life science, pharmaceutical, or semi-conductor industries. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of bulk chemistry formulation, surface treatments, bonding techniques, and assembling injection molded devices and machined components. In this role, the Production Manager will be responsible for the setup and operation of the Reagent Formulation, Gel Bead and Next GEM Chip production lines and testing of microfluidic consumables; ensure 6S practices and continuous improvement. Analyze and develop capacity and headcount expansion plan; oversee the receiving end of new product introduction and daily production schedules. The role encourages early engagement with cross functional teams to influence optimal production processes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet daily production schedule and performance expectation.
- Adhere to general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, QSR, Good Manufacturing Practices, and FDA regulations.
- Make certain that all technicians and operators complete required trainings prior to producing products.
- Be the expert for the manufacturing processes in the area in charge.
- Timely report / escalate any incidents or situation (work-related or personal) discovered.
- Thorough investigation and roll-out of effective corrective and preventive actions for all incidents.
- Identify potential issues upstream, downstream and within production processes, and initiate proactive improvement teams to eliminate or mitigate the situation.
- Anticipate performance issues and lead complex chemical and microbiological related technical investigations.
- Lead and/or provide guidance and technical expertise for manufacturing related non-conforming material reports (NCMRs), and corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs) investigations as applicable.
- Participate in the investigation of customer complaints as needed.
- Drive for continuous improvements across the site and organization.
- Be relentless in leveraging digitization and analytics for effective and efficient decision making.
- Willingness to take on additional assignments or responsibilities as needed.
- Production area 7x24 readiness for audits and visitors through routine 6S of all areas.
- Support internal audit and external regulatory inspections as subject matter expert for manufacturing processes.
- Hire and manage a production team to meet KPIs and company’s goals.
- Drive employee development plans for progression and succession planning.
- Lead and own production resources (e.g. space, equipment, man) capacity models to drive availability to support production plan.
- Lead by example and be a role model for the team.
- Inspire the team with a clear strategic vision connecting the dots from company mission to the team’s goals.
- Building the finest team possible by recruiting the best, developing them to their highest potential and placing in roles that will best leverage their strengths to serve the business needs.
- Expect no lower than the highest standard of performance possible and drive accountability as a culture for the team.
Education / Experience Requirements
- 5+ Years as a Production Manager or equivalent
- 3+ Years producing chemical and biological reagents (Reagent Formulation, Gel Bead and Next GEM Chip Production)
- 2+ Years producing Life Sciences or Bio-Pharmaceutical products
- Degree in Sciences, preferably Chemistry or Biology
- Superior Leadership (Creates Clarity, Generates Energy, Delivers Success)
- Experience in leading and managing a site operation would be advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and process with great attention to detail.
- Must work independently and manage and mentor Manufacturing technicians and associates.
- Capable of understanding and analyzing complex engineering and scientific problems.
- Self-Starting, detail oriented, quick learner, strategic, creative and analytical.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.