Senior Scientist – Biology Research
10x Genomics builds products and services that interrogate, understand and master biology to advance human health. Our products have been adopted by researchers around the world and have been cited in research papers on discoveries across the life sciences, including oncology, immunology and neuroscience. We are proud to have our products utilized by 93 of the top 100 global research institutions and 13 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies.
Come and join the 10x difference and be a part of a dynamic experience that will take you from scientific curiosity to discovery. By joining our team, you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues and become an integral part in helping our customers discover breakthroughs that will help transform the world in the coming decades.
Scientist/Senior Scientist – Biology Research
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding scientist to drive the adoption of new 10x products in biotech and pharma industry. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing advanced methods or systems for propagation, perturbation and high-resolution analysis of mammalian cells and tissues. He/she will have experience in handling diverse samples (solid tissues, tumors and/or whole blood) for clinical research in stem cell, cancer and/or immunology. The candidate will interact with external scientists in pharma and biotech industry. He/she will have experience in managing collaborations with clinicians, bench scientists and bioinformaticians. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, molecular biology and marketing.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Perform and troubleshoot complex experiments to support collaborations using 10x spatial transcriptomics and single cell solutions
- Develop and perform validation studies on new sample handling and sample preparation methods for clinical research
- Develop quantitative assays for cell quality using microscope, flow cytometry, etc.
- You do not need significant next generation sequencing (NGS) experience, but you are responsible for quickly learning and mastering our NGS product workflows, and becoming conversant in NGS data analysis
- You will work on cross-disciplinary teams – You will collaborate and assist in identifying signs of poor cell quality in single-cell genomic datasets, and you will be responsible for developing and validating optimized sample preparation protocols that yield fundamental improvements in data quality
- You will follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
Required Skills and Background:
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or a similar field plus minimum >3 years postdoctoral or industry experience
- Proven ability to develop advanced methods or systems for cell or tissue analysis, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications or published patents
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Demonstrated collaborative work
- Exceptional technical depth in one of more cell biology disciplines including flow cytometry, cell sorting, microscopy, CRISPR editing, mouse disease models, histology, cell-based assays
Desired Skills and Background:
- Experience in developing project in immunology and/or oncology using human samples (solid tissue or whole blood)
- Molecular biology including qPCR and/or NGS library prep
- Experience in high-content screening, single-cell genomics, functional genomics and/or immunology or oncology
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.