Associate Director, Product Marketing
Location: Pleasanton, CA
We are seeking an Associate Director of Product Marketing to manage our fast-growing Single Cell Immune Profiling portfolio. This position will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing and will be responsible for leading the execution of product marketing and management activities, ensuring the Single Cell Immune Profiling solutions are developed, positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly.
At 10x Genomics, product marketing communicates product vision to development and implementation teams. They investigate, select, and drive the commercialization of products for 10x Genomics through thorough voice of customer and develop go-to-market strategies. This role will need to consider numerous factors such as intended market segments and research areas, customer personas, competitive products, and how well the product fits with the company's business models.
This role will manage the complexity and profitability of products and must work well with customers and understand the problems the product is intended to solve.
This role will also be responsible for orchestrating the various activities associated with ensuring that a product is delivered that meets users' needs. The role also ensures an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all the members of the team, all in the interest of driving the product forward.
- Develop, execute and monitor the strategic marketing plans including revenue and product milestones.
- Routinely and accurately forecast product demand globally and regionally (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments).
- Drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Sales, Technical Support and R&D) to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals.
- Represents Marketing as a viable core team member within 10x’s Project Teams.
- Responsible for competitive strategy/pricing strategy to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x’s Single Cell Immune Profiling Products.
- Partners with development to lead yearly strategic planning team for the portfolio roadmap.
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product marketing.
- Works in collaboration with Marketing Communications to bring new products to market, being the lead on the global go-to-market strategies.
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- Partners with R&D, Operations, Sales and other functional teams to identify new products relevant to growth.
- Provides sales support and training to worldwide Sales, Specialist, Support Teams and Distributors for the Immune Profiling portfolio of products.
- Partners with Marketing Communications to develop key marketing campaign collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for their portfolio.
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is desired.
- Immunology or Immuno-oncology background preferred
- MBA with emphasis in marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the NGS Life Science industry, with at least 3 years of Product Marketing/Management experience.
- Experience project managing activities with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Ability to highly effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.