Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking a motivated, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our growing Supply Chain team as a Buyer. This individual will be responsible for daily purchase order management as well as helping to drive various process improvement projects. This is a unique position with opportunities to gain broad exposure both externally, and internally with other teams such as R&D, Finance, Marketing, and Facilities. Over time, the individual will have opportunities to develop skills in various areas including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract negotiation and project management. The individual will report to the Procurement Manager.
- Create and issue purchase orders
- Develop an efficient system to accurately track purchase requisition and purchase order status
- Conduct market research as needed to identify potential suppliers
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to optimize quality, service and cost
- Primary point of contact for supplier communication / issue resolutions related to purchase orders
- Coordinate new vendor on-boarding
- Identify and drive process improvements and ensure purchasing compliance
- Support the implementation of future new ERP, P2P systems and features
- Assist in month-end coding of credit card transactions and reconciling of outstanding invoices
- Work with internal stakeholders to guide accurate purchase requisition entry
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Science, Engineering, or Business major
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to think creatively to identify new and better solutions
- Organized, detail-oriented and a service mentality to internal customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability to take on large responsibility quickly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.