Computational Biologist – Algorithm Development
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics builds products and services that interrogate, understand and master biology to advance human health. Our products are used by researchers around the world and have been cited in research papers on discoveries across life sciences, including oncology, immunology and neuroscience. We are proud to have our products adopted by 93 of the top 100 global research institutions and 13 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies.
Come and join the 10x difference and be a part of a dynamic experience that will take you from scientific curiosity to discovery. By joining our team, you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues and become an integral part in helping our customers discover breakthroughs that will help transform the world in the coming decades.
10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Computational Biology group. This person will: (1) develop algorithms for gaining biological insight from single cell and spatial datasets (2) define custom analyses to guide product development. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing novel methods using linear models, machine learning, graph algorithms, probability theory, etc. Experience combining novel and existing methods into effective implementations is a must. The right candidate must also have strong programming skills, and a keen interest in biology and working with real-world data. Strong interpersonal skills, a desire to understand customer needs and the ability to communicate results clearly are a must.
- Develop algorithms for spatial and single-cell data analysis
- Develop custom analyses to assess and guide development of our core technology
- Work with software team to commercialize algorithms products
- Work with early customers to understand applications and requirements
- Analyze internally generated spatial and single-cell data
Desired Skills and Background
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, computational/systems biology or related field
- Strong background in numerical methods, statistics & probability, optimization, etc.
- Interest in applying analytical tools to solve important biological problems
- Strong programming ability in Python / R (Rust / C / C++ a significant plus)
- Experience building and releasing commercial software a significant plus
- Creative problem solver who obsesses over novel applications of data
- A combination of mathematical depth with a healthy respect for the imperfections inherent in real-world data
- Highly independent but a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.