Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
10x Genomics is a rapidly growing company in the life sciences, whose core technology combines advances in instrumentation, chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology.
10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Instrumentation Engineering team supporting our ultra-precision instrumentation designs and execution of 10x products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Electrical Engineering of automation and life sciences instrumentation. Demonstrated hands on experience with PCB design and circuit simulation software is required. Previous experience in electrical architecture design of instruments which includes automation, fluid handling and precision pressure control components are a must.
- Determine define and design the system and subsystems approaches to meet project and program design goals, requirements and schedules. Review customer requirements and internal product requirements and work with broader team to drive toward robust and cost effective solutions.
- Bring-up and debug of new designs and issues with PCBs installed in systems in development and in the field.
- Collaborate with other team members (mechanical, firmware, software, microfluidics, system, & quality) to solve complex, system level design challenges and contribute to overall embedded systems architecture design
- Utilize deep understanding of signal integrity: Proper layout and grounding techniques that allow for the coexistence of high-speed digital signaling and high current, high slew rate, precision analog circuitry.
- Develop key relationships with internal design teams as well subcontractors to plan comprehensive product strategies based on future technologies.
- Interact as a technical and market expert with engineering teams and customers to achieve product goals.
- Work within design controls, compliance testing, FCC, UL, CSA, FMEA, CE, ISO, and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide excellent communication of technical and program level issues as they arise to support the needs of the entire product development team.
- Participate in design reviews: PCB, Analog, Digital, FPGA, Mechanical, and System.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, with minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required – must be able to write clear protocols, reports, papers, proposals, etc., and efficiently discuss the same with other scientists, engineers, and customers.
- Related technical experience in developing and supporting electrical designs and experience with CAD schematic and layout Software.
- Solid understanding of overall system level design approaches.
- Hardware design experience using key interfaces/subsystems (e.g. microprocessors, memory, USB, Ethernet, i2c, CAN, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc., Excellent PCB bring up and debugging skills, Nice to have experience with embedded FW/SW for microcontrollers.
- Hands on experience for PCB assembly, SMD soldering and rework, cable assembly and using various lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power analyzer, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc.).
- Experience running designs through DFM, DFT and DFA review.
- Experience working with SW teams to develop work plans and interface requirements between Hardware and Software.
- Experience designing/driving development and manufacturing test plans.
- Solid knowledge of compliance standards, EMC and safety certifications as well as reliability test. Experience in mitigating ESD, EMI, noise, and distortion to electrical signals in complex systems
- Experience with a variety of sensor technologies (thermal, optical, position, pressure, flow).
- Experience with Altium electrical design software, is highly desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.