IT Support Engineer
Location: Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Information technology is a vital and integral part of our success. At 10x, IT not only provides secure, stable, and scalable infrastructure and services for the business, it serves as a catalyst for innovation and productivity. We are looking for a local IT Support Engineer with superb knowledge of Windows and macOS and extensive experience and skills in end-user support to join our global IT Team. The Engineer must be highly organized, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, enjoy working with end-users daily, and have the ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Configure, deploy, and support desktops, laptops, and other end-user devices.
- Manage user accounts, security groups, mailing lists, and application access according to SOPs.
- Handle service requests, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a thorough, timely, and professional manner.
- Assist in the testing and deployment of new technologies.
- Maintain detailed documentation, change records, and inventory.
- Support and maintain audio/visual and VoIP software and devices.
- Off-hour support may be required on occasions.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 and macOS 10.12+.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management technologies.
- Experience in managing user accounts, security groups, and group policies in Active Directory.
- Experience with endpoint protection and backup software.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting collaboration and productivity software including Gmail, GSSMO, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Solid understanding of basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, VPN, and encryption.
- Experience with supporting VoIP and audio/visual systems.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task, with a commitment to resolve issues and complete projects and tasks in a responsive, accurate, and timely manner.
- Strong desire to learn and implement new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain IT concepts to both technical and non-technical users.
Desired Skills and Background
- Strong understanding of NTFS permissions and experience in administering Windows file server and print server.
- Experience with Jamf and MobileIron.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
or submit your resume at http://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/