Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to become part of the Logistics/Warehouse team at 10x Genomics. The applicant must have experience preparing international documentation and understand the general requirements needed before shipping internationally. In this role, the Logistics Specialist will have various responsibilities from preparing documentation for import and export shipments, receipt of incoming packages, pulling and packing of ambient and temperature sensitive products. The applicant should have experience using an ERP software (NetSuite preferred but not required).
Applicant applying must work well in a team atmosphere, ability to adapt, detailed orientated, self-starter, and thrive in working at a face paced environment. The applicant will report to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Processing of export documentation such as commercial invoices, shipper’s letter of instructions, bill of ladings, packing slips, certificate of origin, and possible for International shipments
- Coordinate with freight forwarding companies for scheduling of pick up and providing the necessary documentations before export
- Communicate with our oversea partners for processing of customer shipments
- Preparing shipping labels for domestic and international orders using Fed-Ex Smart ship software
- Packing of temperature sensitive (using dry ice) and ambient goods in preparation for delivery to internal and external customer
- Picking of products in various storage conditions from deep freeze to ambient.
- Process orders through our ERP system for shipping, receiving, and material movement
- Assist with receiving and inventory control activities
- Assist with cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- May be required to drive to company for delivery and pick up of material.
Required Skills and Background
- High school education or equivalent
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Experience using an ERP system (NetSuite preferred but not required) and Fed-Ex Ship Manager
- Competent with basic computer applications (Microsoft word, excel, e-mail)
- Strong team player and detailed orientated
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks daily
- Ability to lift up to 75 Lbs
Desired Skills and Background
- Hazmat Certified
- Experience working in a Life Science environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.