Production Associate 1
Location: Pleasanton CA
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 800 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Production Associate 1
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its manufacturing team. In this role, the individual will be responsible for 10x consumable bonding, coating, and assembly. This individual will also work with the manufacturing engineering team on the maintenance and simple troubleshooting of some of the manufacturing equipment. This position may require extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work using laboratory and packaging equipment.
The ideal candidate will have an education background in one or more of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent. Experience in production and QC of similar products in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
This will be a non-exempt position in the 10x manufacturing team. Individuals applying to this position should have a basic understanding of industry manufacturing workflow and ERP system. This individual must be a self-starter, quick learner and detail oriented, work well in a team atmosphere, have good communication skills, ability to adapt and thrive in working at a fast-paced environment.
- Execute production operations according to defined procedures and ensure the integrity and quality of our products
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
- Process work orders accurately using an ERP system in a timely manner
- Maintenance of production batch records and good documentation skills required
- Assist in bonding and coating 10x chips using automated or semi-automated equipment
- Assemble chips into final packaging format using semi-automated equipment
- Package 10x consumables into finished goods both manually and using semi-automated packaging equipment
- Ability to set up and operate scientific and packaging equipment and handle simple troubleshooting
- Perform preventive maintenance on some lab equipment
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency
Required Skills and Background
- Strong team player and detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and equipment user manual
- Ability to enter data into electronic tracking systems like Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines under supervision
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in automation and packaging of Life Science products, Food Packaging products or related field preferred
- Relevant experience in a production environment working with standard production control tools – ERP (Oracle or SAP), inventory control, and work orders
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.