Location: Pleasanton CA
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic Production Supervisor to join our Production Group. The candidate must have experience managing a team effectively and have a great understanding of all aspects of the different roles within Production. The individual will provide supervision and guidance to the Production employees. Under the direction of the Production Manager the individual will manage the day to day activities and make necessary improvements where needed. The individual will be expected to assist Production personnel to complete day to day activities.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, disciplined, able to manage multiple priorities, thrive in a fast-paced environment, succeed in communicating within the organization and provide an immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Schedule and oversee daily production activities and manage work orders
- Measure the effectiveness of production activities and employee performance.
- Participate in cross functional groups such as:Working with Engineering to schedule preventative maintenance and calibration
- Working with Purchasing to maintain safety stock levels of production supplies and materials
- Collaborating with Process Development to implement new processes and process improvement projects
- Troubleshooting process issues with help from Engineering and Process Development
- Ensure that the team achieves KPI goals related to quality, production output, yield, cost and EH&S
- Management of multiple labs ensuring materials are organized, equipment and facilities are maintained, and EH&S standards are followed.
- Ensure employees are properly trained on pertinent procedures related to production activities and safety.
To be successful, you will need:
- BA/BS degree and 5 years of production or related industry experience
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Able to investigate and resolve problems independently
- Strong Organizational skills
- Experience with an ERP software such as Oracle or SAP
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Nice to have skills & background:
- Experience using statistical tools such as JMP or Minitab
- Previous supervisor, project management, or planning experience in the Life Science, Biotech or Pharmaceuticals industry
- Experience writing or revising SOPs and batch records
- Participated in ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or FDA audits
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macro programming, etc.)
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience and/or experience starting up a new manufacturing process
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.