Research Associate 2 – Chemistry
Location: Pleasanton, California
Research Associate 2, Chemistry
10x Genomics builds products and services that interrogate, understand and master biology to advance human health. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, molecular biology and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale.
Come and join the 10x difference and be a part of a dynamic experience that will take you from scientific curiosity to discovery. By joining our team, you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues and become an integral part in helping our customers discover breakthroughs that will help transform the world in the coming decades.
Location: Pleasanton, California
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Chemistry team to drive research and next-generation product development at our Pleasanton Headquarters.
The candidate will have a chemistry background with a broad working knowledge of molecular biology, tissue culture, biomaterials and bioconjugation and the capability of applying this know-how creatively/independently. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. He/She must be a self-starter, strategic thinker, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, and have the prior work experience needed to quickly learn new protocols. The successful applicant must have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to meticulously execute and analyze highly complex experiments.
- Productive execution of well thought out experiments, accurate recording of results along with in-depth analysis and reporting of these results
- Effectively communicate relevant findings and conclusions at regular data-driven meetings
- Create NGS libraries from single cells, tissues, or isolated DNA/RNA using 10x instruments and consumables.
- Prepare, formulate, and test newly designed 10x reagents either from SOPs or R&D protocols
- Perform reagent guard banding and optimization studies
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to test and implement novel chemistry solutions
Required Skills and Background
- BS/MS in molecular biology, chemistry, pharmacy, bioengineering, biochemistry, or a related field
- 3+ (B.S.) or 1+ (M.S.) years of relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong ability to perform multidisciplinary research and ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering fields with good understanding of basic chemistry, biochemistry and cell biology principles
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and cell staining, microscopy and related biological/in vitro cell-based assays
- Hands-on experience in standard molecular biology and analytical techniques such as sample preparation, qPCR, PAGE, and nucleic acid isolation, quantification/ quality assessment
- Perform experiments, analyze data and maintain accurate records with attention to detail
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving multi-disciplinary organization, which requires real-time communication, flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently in a team and fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Background
- Understanding and experience with next-generation sequencing workflows, flow cytometry and relevant analytical techniques
- Basic understanding of biomaterials and experience with delivery systems like hydrogels, micro and nanoparticles
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement complex multi-step assay schemes.
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines)
- Experience with histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, high-speed imaging, and/or quantitative fluorescence imaging.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.