Research Associate / Senior Research Associate – Cell Biology
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics builds products and services that interrogate, understand and master biology to advance human health. Our products have been adopted by researchers around the world and have been cited in research papers on discoveries across the life sciences, including oncology, immunology and neuroscience. We are proud to have our products adopted by 93 of the top 100 global research institutions and 13 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies.
Come and join the 10x difference and be a part of a dynamic experience that will take you from scientific curiosity to discovery. By joining our team, you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues and become an integral part in helping our customers discover breakthroughs that will help transform the world in the coming decades.
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate - Cell Biology
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join its biochemistry team as a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate. This person will interact with scientists from all across the company, and will generate (and obtain), characterize, and distribute high-quality biological samples for both internal and external consumption on an ongoing basis. In addition, this person will assist the R&D scientists by helping to evaluate and optimize new methods for sample preparation.
The ideal candidate will have an education background in one or more of the following disciplines; Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or similar. The candidate should have at least 4 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Acquire, grow, and maintain an inventory of relevant biological/clinical samples, including live cultured cells, whole blood, etc.
- Maintain our BSL-2 tissue culture facility by monitoring for contamination and viability of cultured cells, and assessing the quality of all other incoming materials.
- Assist in the development and optimization of sample preparation procedures for single cell genomic assays.
- Write protocols and procedures, and maintain accurate records of our biological inventory.
Required Skills and Background
- BS/MS in one of the following disciplines: Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or similar
- 4+ years of hands-on cell biology experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong recordkeeping skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires flexibility and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with provisioning or processing human clinical samples (tissue, blood, FFPE).
- Experience with tissue dissociation.
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid extraction, PCR, DNA sequencing, or similar.
- NGS library preparation and/or NGS data analysis
- Flow cytometry
- Fluoresce microscopy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.