Scientist – Product Integration
Location: Pleasanton, California
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 800 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Scientist – Product Integration
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join the Product Integration (PI) team at 10x Genomics. This is a multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Assay Development, Cell Biology, Computational Biology, Support, Microfluidics, Hardware Engineering and Chemistry. You will play an important role in expanding the 10x product portfolio by performing product research and development, identifying and managing risks, troubleshooting and optimizing 10x product workflows.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in the development of novel molecular biology protocols for solving complex biological problems. This person should have a broad understanding of next generation sequencing, its applications, and a love for building great products. As scientists in PI, we are driven to turn product concepts into the tools that accelerate our understanding of biology.
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams at all stages of product development
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, molecular biology, and microfluidics to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify robust solutions
- Planning and execution of experiments, in-depth analysis and reporting of through documentation and presentations
- Contribute molecular biology/genomics expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams to ensure project milestones and product performance
- Establish robust, customer-facing workflows that meet product requirements and delight our customers
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genomics, or similar fields with a minimum of 1 year’s post-graduate experience
- Experience with molecular biology assays/protocols utilizing next-generation sequencing as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or product development roles
- Proven ability to troubleshoot failures through experimental design, execution and analysis
- Strong organizational skills to manage multidisciplinary projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines)
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience running single cell workflows ideally using the 10x platform
- Laboratory automation experience a plus
- Familiarity with quality management and formal product testing (e.g., verification and validation) highly desired
- Experience with statistical design, modeling and use of design of experiment (DOE) approaches
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.