Senior CNC Machinist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior CNC Machinist
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its research and development team. This person will be responsible for ultra-precision machining of complex micro scale components. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in CNC machining of ultra-precision medical devices, waveguides, optical or microfluidic components with tolerances to +/- 0.5um. Knowledge and hands on experience with 3 and 5 axis German CNC milling centers is essential. Experience milling in exotic materials, NiP and CuBe alloys is required. Calibration and control for milling and previous experience with small diamond endmills are required.
- Setup and operate CNC 3 and 5 axis milling machines for 10x R&D needs.
- Efficiently produce parts to specification including tight dimensional tolerance of micron sized features with submicron level tolerances.
- Commission new milling centers and establish seamless startup of equipment: SAT, IQ, OQ.
- Provide feedback to CAM programmers and Mechanical engineers to assure the designs and programming support the capabilities and limitations of the 10x machining systems.
- Owns the Ultra Precision machining lab. Maintain and monitor environmental factors in the lab to assure repeatable results can be achieved during extended milling.
- Provide input for continuous process improvements to speed fabrication, reduce cost and improve 1st pass yield
- Work with design engineering to correct issues found during manufacturing of new products
- Provide in-house metrology as required
- Define, measure and report key metrics for quality and cost
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 7-10 years CNC milling experience of complex parts
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical or Manufacturing.
- Work history with several successful products in ultra-precision machining
- Ability to review and update mechanical drawings
- Prior experience with Heidenhain controllers a plus
- Experienced in commissioning new milling systems
- Experience working with Kern and Kugler milling centers a plus
- Experience with SolidWorks, or CAM programming languages a plus
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.