Senior Manager Client Services
We are seeking a Senior Manager - Client Services to lead our global end-user support team, and to improve the productivity of employees through the effective use of technologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IT Service Management with extensive experience in end-user technologies, audio-visual systems, productivity software, and related backend systems.
The Sr. Manager of IT Client Services provides leadership for the Client Services team. Supporting, developing and managing the IT Client Services processes and procedures (including though not limited to IT Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management). Responsible for ensuring that IT Client Services best practices are integrated into our service management processes. Monitor and improve customer satisfaction with the quality of service delivered with the continued development, improvement and integration of polices, standards and procedures that support the service management processes. Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
Senior Manager manages a team of individual contributors, manage multiple projects. Helps to establish operational goals and determines how to use resources to effectively meet goals. Involved in developing, modifying and implementing policies and procedures that affect immediate organization, and may also impact other areas or groups. Beginning to provide input into functional strategy. Works with their team to help translate organizational vision and strategy into action. Understands own strengths and weaknesses and the strengths and weaknesses of staff. Leverages that knowledge to optimize results and to create conditions for motivation. Fosters a culture of mentoring and shared learning, skilled and hands-on leader. Starting to contribute to building the organizations leadership pipeline. Cross-trains individuals to maximize team effectiveness and prevent single points of failure. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for decision making within a defined scope of responsibility.
- Oversee the evaluation, design, deployment, maintenance, and support of client technologies, including workstations, laptops, productivity software, audio-visual systems, and telecommunications, ensuring high-quality end-user experience.
- Provide day-to-day management of a global team of Support Engineers responsible for end-user support and related systems. Actively engage in the hiring, development, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Manage the IT Service Desk, with a focus on efficiency and service quality. Ensure service requests are properly tracked and resolved.
- Analyze and identify support trends and areas for productivity improvement. Develop solutions to address them.
- Coordinate the planning of IT infrastructure to support new, existing, and relocation of offices worldwide.
- Manage IT on-boarding and off-boarding process in conjunction with HR.
- Improve user awareness of IT services by coordinating training, documentation, and communication.
- Take an active role in Incident Response and Problem Management processes. Provide root cause analysis for problems related to client technologies and develop measures to mitigate future occurrences.
- Understand and assess the current ITSM processes and tools, identify gaps based on ITSM best practices, and provide recommendations
- Design ‘To-Be’ Service Management processes, tailored to clients’ specific business needs, strengths, opportunities and challenges
- Develop ITSM tool requirements based on the service-centric and process-focused Productivity Engineering department vision
- Facilitate process and tool implementation and adoption
- Assist in developing process automation/ implementation strategy, training and communication plan. Conduct training, provide coaching and mentoring, and support process institutionalization
- Manage the overall delivery, monitor toll gates and report to the management as appropriate
- Monitor process and tool compliance, suggest improvements in the deployed process and tools, and support continual process improvement
- Lead, support, develop, and mentor delivery team’s on-shore, near-shore, and offshore ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction throughout every stage/phase of the engagement.
- Work within various cloud groups and help then in defining the innovative offerings as part of Cloud Service Excellence process offerings as per ITSM frameworks.
- Work in designing ITSM Dashboards for customers and all ITSM related projects and deliverables.
- Develops and drives a program for optimizing the global management of Critical Incidents and Problems to eliminate them from the environment. Program will include process activities including detection, communication, gathering the appropriate resources, triaging, closure, transition to Problem Management, and the implementation of corrective actions to prevent a future, recurring outage.
- Implements effectiveness and adoption key performance indicators and institutes corrective actions to increase global Cloud adoption.
- Manages a team to ensure the accurate and timely distribution of the performance metrics to global stakeholders. Advises stakeholders in developing corrective actions to improve Cloud Operations performance.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of experience with leading or managing client technologies and related backend infrastructure. including 5+ years’ experience at the manager level or higher in an ITSM operations function.
- Excellent organization, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Expert level knowledge of enterprise imaging and desktop deployment technologies.
- General understanding of server computing, networking, telecommunications, and business applications.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality IT services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to explain technology to a non-technical audience.
- Proven experience in multiple, successful ITSM implementations for large scale IT organizations.
- Hands-on experience in developing ITSM processes and training IT associates in the adoption of ITSM framework such as the ITIL framework.
- Strong understanding of industry best practices and benchmarks for IT operations performance.
- Service Management practitioner with experience doing policy, process, procedure and RACI work. Will need to see sample work products.
- Understanding and experience using enterprise management tools like Service Now, etc.
- Experience managing help desk workflows, processes and SLA matrix utilizing industry standard ITSM tools
- ITIL Practitioner required; ITIL Master preferred