Senior Mechanical Engineer-Injection Molding
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Mechanical Engineer- Injection Molding
10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Manufacturing Systems Engineering team supporting our ultra-precision mechanical designs and execution of injection molded consumables for 10x.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Mechanical Engineering of ultra-precision designs and experience in injection molding tooling. Demonstrated hands on experience with Solid Works with demanding precision is required. Previous experience in producing mechanical designs that are manufacturing using injection molding is required.
- Responsible for the design, development, and release of ultra-precision mechanical designs
- Specifying injection molding tooling with state of the art capabilities, Variotherm, vacuum assist, hot runners etc.
- Engage with internal machinist, implement corrective actions, monitor and implement continuous machining process improvements
- Interface with R&D microfluidics team to transfer designs and to coordinate the release of new products
- Work with metrology engineers, microfluidics, machinist and injection molding vendors, to specify tooling for manufacturing of new products
- Design and development of manufacturing test fixtures as required. Design fixtures and tooling to help reduce cost of machine setup and reduce scrap.
- Support manufacturing automation with Mechanical design and design reviews as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of experience in ultra-precision mechanical design.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Hypermill experience a plus
- Understanding of GD&T and statistical tolerance analysis
- Work history with several successful iterations of molded components transferred successfully to volume manufacturing
- Experienced in Supplier Engagement and support, domestic and off shore
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques, machining, injection molding, bonding of consumables for biotech
- Experience working with under ISO 9001
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.