Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Quality Engineer
10x is seeking an outstanding Senior Quality Engineer, who will be responsible for improving and maintaining 10x’s quality system and other aspects of quality engineering to ensure product quality and alignment with the appropriate regulatory and quality standards. You will be responsible for guiding teams in execution of design control activities with focus on new product development quality planning and risk management to positively impact the safety and efficacy of products. They will provide accurate, timely data mining and analysis, and actionable data intelligence for the Process Improvement and Operations Excellent program
- Provides quality support to development, engineering and manufacturing functions for design control and transfer activities.
- Supports the quality deliverables (design verification and validations, design reviews, risk analysis, etc.). Reviews and thoroughly understands product functional and design specifications.
- Manages the execution of objectives for the control of external suppliers and contract manufacturers to assure the supply of acceptable quality of materials and product, resolve supplier quality issue and monitor supplier quality performance.
- Collaborates with cross functional team to identify, prioritize and execute business critical quality initiatives.
Required Skills and Background
- An engineering or biological science discipline relevant to 10x’s technologies and processes. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-8+ years' experience in the Life Sciences industry with direct experience supporting design and development in a Quality Assurance role.
- Strong data mining and analysis skills required and practice experience with product design, development and transfer (risk management, validation, NPI) and supplier quality.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with colleagues and external collaborators.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with risk management and design control.
- Hands on experience on managing data; that is, data analysis, data standardization, data clean up, and data consolidation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.