Senior Research Associate 1- Process Chemist
Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Research Associate - Process Chemist
10x is looking for an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Process Development team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in chemistry or chemical engineering with previous laboratory experience. Based upon an understanding of these chemistries, the candidate will develop, characterize and optimize processes required to support reagent and consumable production. A strong background in process development, scale-up, process implementation and validation in a commercial manufacturing facility is a plus.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Support the development and optimization of a broad range of chemistry-based production processes through optical imaging, microscopy, library preparation, and standard molecular biology tests.
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, microfluidics, production processes, and molecular biology to assist in identifying the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify solutions.
- Plan and correctly execute experiments, maintain accurate record of experimental details, in-depth data analysis, and clear communication of these results through documentation and presentations.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed and support development of novel assembly procedures, custom tooling, and test methods.
- Write protocols, develop procedures, and maintain accurate records
- Communicate and present results clearly and contribute data for making critical design decisions
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
Required Skills and Background
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microfluidics or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry is a plus.
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Experience with automation equipment or custom instrumentation.
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and in-depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
- Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.