Senior Research Associate 2- Process Chemist
Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Research Associate - Process Chemist
10x is looking for an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Process Transfer team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in chemistry or chemical engineering with experience programming Hamilton liquid handling robots. Based upon an understanding of these chemistries, the candidate will design, develop, and implement processes required to support reagent formulation, mixing, and dispensing. A strong background in process development, scale-up, and validation in a commercial manufacturing facility is a plus.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Detailed process development and optimization for a broad range of chemistry-based production processes through risk assessment, DOE methods, analytical testing, and verification.
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to establish process specifications and requirements, drive development and verification of manufacturing processes, and maintain communication with the team and management.
- Design, implement, and support production protocols on automated Hamilton liquid handling robots.
- Design and support production processes on custom filling and packaging equipment.
- Experience in standard analytical and molecular biology techniques, Next Generation Sequencing library preparation, and optical test methods.
- Plan and correctly execute experiments, maintain accurate record of experimental details, conduct in-depth data analysis, and clearly communicate these results through documentation and presentations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, microfluidics, production processes, and molecular biology to assist in identifying the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify solutions.
Required Skills and Background
- BS + 4 years relevant industry experience or MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microfluidics or equivalent
- Experience automating processes on Hamilton liquid handling robots, custom filling and packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated experience developing, verifying and transferring products or processes to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.