Senior Scientist – Chemistry Technology Development
Location: Pleasanton, California
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join the Chemistry Technology Development team as a Senior Scientist. This is a unique multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology and Microfluidics. The candidate should have experience working independently in a chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering laboratory. In addition, the candidate should be a team player with exceptional attention to detail and bring a strong initiative/sense of purpose to our fast-paced product development efforts.
- As a strong technical contributor, you will drive development of novel chemistries with a clear rationale for their associated performance in biochemical assays
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, molecular biology and materials science to advance the development of next generation Single Cell sequencing related products
- Organize, evaluate, and communicate key findings at project meetings and make recommendations for follow-up studies and prioritization
- Remain current with the relevant scientific literature and champion the implementation of new technologies
- Mentoring and coaching of junior technical staff, Research Associates to Scientists
Required Skills and Background
- Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in life science applications
- Track record of self-motivated design, execution and analysis of experiments on aggressive schedules in a rapidly changing, multi-disciplinary, environment
- Proven track record of experimental excellence and publications in peer-reviewed journals or patents
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets and communicate results in a clear and concise manner
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
- Do not need significant next generation sequencing experience, but you are responsible for quickly learning and mastering our NGS product workflows, and becoming conversant in NGS data analysis
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in single-cell genomics, functional genomics or immunology
- Practical knowledge and experience working with surface science and spectroscopy techniques
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing molecular biology assays
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP to analyze complex data sets, create DOE experiments, and data trending