Senior Software Engineer – Embedded (Sensors)
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Are you a software engineer who likes to play with oscilloscopes? Do you think motors and sensors are awesome? Do you think about complexity theory in the morning and thermal conductivity in the evening? Then you're probably a good fit for our embedded software role! We're hiring a software engineer who is comfortable at the bits-and-bytes level to develop embedded for our next-generation DNA and RNA processing instruments. You should have great software fundamentals, a strong knowledge of C (or even assembly language) and a strong desire to learn more about embedded systems and sequencing. We do not require any prior background in biology or hardware.
You will have the opportunity to work on several exciting green field projects that will add another generation of powerful tools to every molecular biology lab. You will also be responsible for developing, testing, and releasing firmware upgrades for existing products.
- Design and develop Embedded Linux based Management and Control software for instrumentation hardware
- Develop microcontroller-based unit control logic with real-time performance characteristics.
- Write well structured, testable, efficient and maintainable software
- Contribute to the entire software lifecycle from requirements gathering to validation
- Work closely with the team lead and cross-functional team members to deliver high quality solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and 2 years of experience
- Masters' Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Solid understanding of C or C++ programming language
- Good Linux system software experience
- Should have a strong foundation in system software and data structures
- Experience in building control software using motion control and sensor feedback.
- Experience in Linux platform software for ARM based System-on-Chip solutions
- Experience in graphical user interface experience in packages using QT, QML, C++ a bug plus
- Experience in Python and C# (Windows)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.